Genelec recently introduced Ultimate Point Source monitoring with The Ones. 8351, 8331 and 8341, the world’s smallest three-way coaxial monitors, to create a complete compact coaxial range that redefines near-field monitoring.
- The Ones deliver precise imaging both on- and off-axis, coupled with absolutely neutral reproduction, meaning users can make mix decisions with confidence while also listening for longer – the dramatic reduction in unnatural imaging means listener fatigue is a fraction of that experienced with other systems. In addition, Genelec’s famous Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW™), is combined with the unmatched precision of The Ones’ concealed dual woofer design, resulting in less coloured reflections.
- Like the 8351, both the 8331 and 8341 can be orientated horizontally or vertically using an adjustable IsoPod base for isolation, with absolutely no compromise in performance, offering maximum flexibility to fit even the tightest of working environments. But while the 8331 and 8341 both echo the 8351 in form and function, the new models have been entirely reengineered to meet the challenges of their ultra-compact dimensions (just 299mm x 189mm x 212mm for the 8331, and 350mm x 237mm x 243mm for the 8341).
- Innovations include a motor assembly that sees both the midrange and the tweeter share the same compact magnet system, reducing size and weight with no reduction in response. The unique midrange coaxial driver cone is now comprised of concentric sections, optimising midrange linearity – as does the DCW which covers the entire front face of the enclosure. Despite the size of the 8331 and 8341, each unit incorporates three stages of dedicated Class D amplification, developed in-house by Genelec and including eco-friendly Intelligent Signal Sensing (ISS) energy saving technology.
- The Ones are also powerful. The short-term maximum output capacities for each of the models is 104 dB SPL for the 8331 (at 1m), and 110 dB SPL for the 8341 (at 1m), with accuracy better than ±1.5 dB, and respective frequency responses starting at 45 Hz and 38 Hz (-6 dB) and extending beyond 40 kHz both for the analogue and digital inputs.
- The coaxial design allows for ultra-near-field listening, creating a dramatic improvement in the direct sound-to-reverberant sound ratio and further reducing the room’s influence while monitoring. The listening distance may be as short as 40 cm, with no loss of precision. At a listening distance of just 50 cm, the maximum SPL capability (headroom) is raised by more than 5 dB.
Finally, with The Ones, Ultimate Point Source meets ultimate flexibility with Smart Active Monitoring (SAM™), the ground-breaking Genelec technology based on Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM™) 2.0 software for PC and Mac, incorporating AutoCal™.
For more details, visit: http://bit.ly/2pZA9Nw