Whether you’re in the studio or out with your iPad, Zoom’s U-24 and U- 44 Handy Audio Interface makes it easy to record and monitor. Microphones, line-level sources, guitars, you name it – the U-24 and U- 44 has the connections you need. What’s more, you can connect Zoom Capsules to your U-44, adding microphones and additional preamps instantly.
Pocket-sized recording interface that’s ready to travel
Few audio interfaces compare with Zoom’s U-24 and U- 44 when it comes to sheer portability. With the U-44, USB bus power is only the beginning. For one thing, it can run on a pair of AA batteries when bus power isn’t available, making it an excellent audio interface to keep with your iPad (Camera Connection Kit required). And since both the audio interfaces are so compact, you can comfortably carry it in your jacket pocket and be ready to record whenever and wherever inspiration strikes.
All the connections you need
Despite its diminutive size, the U-44 certainly manages to pack in the I/O. A pair of TRS/XLR combo jacks serve as your main analog inputs, accommodating line-level sources and microphones – even supplying phantom power to condenser mics. What’s more, there’s a DI input so you can plug in your guitar. There’s also MIDI I/O for your MIDI devices. Separate headphone outs make collaborative work easy.
Loaded with Zoom’s top-quality preamps and conversion
Inspired by the Zoom H-series recorders, the U-44 is equipped with high-performance, low-noise mic preamps (-119.5 dB EIN) that enable recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. You can also use U-44 as a studio-quality headphone amp and listen to your favorite music in full fidelity
Zoom U-44 Handy Audio Interface Features:
- 2 and 4-channel USB recording interface for Mac, Windows, and iPad (via Camera Connection Kit)
- 2 XLR/TRS combo inputs include the microphone preamps from the H6 (with phantom power)
- Extensive analog I/O accommodates mic-, line-, and instrument-level sources
- Record and play back high-quality audio at up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution
- Connect Zoom Capsules to add microphones or expand your input connections in Zoom U 44
- Digital I/O supports standalone AD/DA conversion
- Onboard MIDI I/O accommodates keyboards and controllers
- Record for up to 4 hours on just 2 alkaline or NiMH rechargeable AA batteries
- Includes download code for Ableton Live 9 Lite