IFP’s 50 Hour Music Challenge started with a bang when 13000 musicians from 1346 teams spread across 192 cities and 9 countries took part to create 1121 unique tracks. Like before, the third iteration of the challenge had five categories hip-hop, pop, rock, folk-fusion, and electronic but this time the challenge opened itself to all languages empowering musicians of all cultures and languages.
The esteemed and talented jury included musicians like OAFF, Sneha Khanwalkar, Raja Kumari, Rajan Batra, and Shalmali Kholgade. This year the participants were given an engaging theme – ‘Dreams That Keep You Awake’. Then what happened, you ask?
Musicians convened, compositions were made, melodies were harmonized, and believe it or not, some of the finest music was made in a span of just 50 hours!
Making music in such a short time is a feat in itself and keeping this in mind IFP had some exclusive perks for all participants.
Here’s what they received:
- An exclusive online workshop for participants with RANJ x Clifr on the first day of the challenge.
- A discounted pass to the IFP Season 12 Festival.
- E-certificate of Participation
- 40% Discount on Skillshare annual membership
- Free subscription to Arc Studio Pro for 3 months
- 100% Scholarship to an Unlu class.
- Free subscription to Hoopr for 2 months
- Croma Coupon: 10% off on minimum purchases of Rs 5000 and above
And for the winners, who went above and beyond with their original compositions and lyrics, didn’t just win the hearts of the juries, but also these exciting prizes:
- IFP trophy
- Jury Mentoring
- Cash Prize for Platinum winners of all categories from a prize pool of 2.5 Lacs
- The top 3 tracks from each genre were streamed at the IFP season 12 Festival
- Legacy Lifetime free entry to the 50-Hour Music Challenge
- Music Videos produced by boAt for any 2 winners
- Ableton Live 11 Suite NFR
- Microphones and Reflection Filters by sE electronics
- FL Studio All Plugins edition
- Audio Plugins from Swar Systems
- Midi Keyboard and Grid Controller by Novation
- Audio Plugins from PSP Audioware
- Sennheiser Microphones
- 5 libraries of the Hauschka Composer Toolkit from Spitfire Audio
- 100% scholarship to an Unlu Creator Fellowship
- Focusrite Scarlett audio interface
- boAt speakers for Platinum winners in each category and headphones for Gold and Silver winners in each category.
The winners were facilitated in the presence of jury members and thousands of attendees at the 50 Hour Music Challenge award ceremony at the IFP Season 12 Festival on Oct 8 at the Filmistan Studios in Mumbai.
IFP’s 50 Hour Music Challenge has always strived to bring the best out of musicians and give them a platform to test their skills, pursue their passion and have the opportunity to create something impactful in just a span of 50 hours. The challenge will be back next year, calling upon musicians from all walks of life to make the best out of their own sense of musicality and creativity. To check out the winning tracks of IFP’s 50 Hour Music Challenge head to the link given below: